January 5, 2011 – San Jose, California Edit Free Hot Water, a leading solar water heating manufacturer and distributor, has introduced new, easy-to-use solar thermal cost calculators and other estimation tools for estimating the size and project design of solar thermal systems.
While there are many public solar photovoltaic (PV) calculators on the Internet, there are very few calculators tailored to the needs of solar water heating installers and consumers.
Paul Burrowes, Free Hot Water’s co-founder and COO, created the solar thermal calculators so that potential commercial and residential customers could receive an immediate answer to the question “How much does a solar thermal system cost?”
Burrowes explained, “As solar pros know, a great deal of data is needed to give an accurate cost estimate of a solar water heating system. Commercial systems for hotels and apartment buildings can be especially variable. So, we created a very simple solar thermal calculator that professionals and even residential customers can use to get a quick retail solar cost estimate.”
Of course, Free Hot Water’s registered installers and distributors receive substantial discounts off public retail pricing.
In addition to the new solar water heating cost calculator, Free Hot Water has also created public calculators to help its partner installers design their solar hot water systems.
The new public solar tool calculators include:
- Free Hot Water Solar Thermal Calculator
- Free Hot Water Swimming Pool Calculator
- Free Hot Water Conversion Calculator
- Free Hot Water Commercial Collector Spacing Calculator
- Free Hot Water Radiant Floor and Heat Loss Calculator
- Free Hot Water Latitude/Logitude Time Zone Calculator (This is a big file, please be patient)
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Calculator
- Annual Insolation U.S.
- Roof Azimuth Measurement Tool
- Compound Angle Tool
Contact Free Hot Water: