Green Jobs Available – Qualified Professionals Wanted in All Regions
Technical Support Manager
We are currently seeking a qualified Technical Support Manager to join our team in San Jose, CA. Technical support to Sales, Sales channels and Technical teams (internally and externally – installers) – ‘clients’. This position requires an individual who is analytical and detail-oriented with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities. They must have strong communication, leadership and management skills, in addition to excellent customer service skills and the ability to assist clients in the customized installations of the products. Required are strong communication, technical, and computer skills including a high proficiency with technical concepts.
Technical Support Manager Duties:
- Manage the overall support relationship with the ‘clients’, which includes, but not limited to interaction/meetings, presentations, escalations, incident management, service level reporting, and release coordination.
- Host regular operational meetings with clients to review issues, release activity, metric reports, and other support requests
- Collaboratively manage client issues with all support tiers, ensuring investigation and timely response to customer queries and issues
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements including release planning and coordination both internal and external for scheduled and emergency maintenance events.
- Ensures project documentation is complete and stored properly Coordinate with operations, customer support and product engineering teams to document Incident Findings including root cause of service impacting events
- Drive Incident Response Team resolutions
- Drive problem management and provide leadership in collating, coordinating, and resolving problems across clients
- Create technical or process documentation including flow charts, definitions, and technical narratives
- Ensure all work is dealt with accurately and followed up daily
- Play an active role in the development of new ideas and procedures
- Attend regular team meetings and make a positive contribution, ensuring that communication is two-way
- Be receptive to feedback, new ideas and changes
Technical Support Manager Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral skills including ability to present complex information
- Ability to manage time effectively and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to review and understand process flow analysis and methodology
- Must be organized and methodical in approach to workload
- Ability to establish rapport with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to multitask or balance workload with multiple clients and issues
- Ability to communicate openly and contribute in a team environment
- Capacity to assimilate newly learned, technical information quickly
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, MS Project, and Visio
- Understands and can communicate information about complex technical concepts related to software, infrastructure, and other elements of the solutions
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with at least one relational database management system
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
Technical Support Manager Education/Training: BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related degree
5+ years of experience in support or project management for a managed application
Solar experience a plus.
We are currently seeking a qualified Solar Energy Designer/Draftsperson to join our team in San Jose, CA. The Solar Designer / Drafter will be responsible for the following:
- Timely generation of all technical drawings required by salespeople, customers, and contractors for use in the proposal, submittal, quotation, and permitting of solar products (roof layouts and other basic diagrams, etc).
- Creating and maintaining a robust design library in support of projects nationwide.
- Playing an important role in defining and shaping the look and feel of submittals to all of our customers nationwide.
- Provide customers with timely system design support up to and including system layout, elevations, details, and other items as necessitated for use in estimating, proposal generation, permitting and quotation.
- Interfacing with Technical Support Manager as required to field project-related questions regarding system layout, module positioning, shading assumptions, etc.
- Provide administrative support by assembling design related project supporting documents, as well as, assembly of complete design sets for distribution to the field; Manage revisions and prepare as-built drawings.
- Develops and maintains submittal drawing templates and MS Visio design library.
- Assists with drawing support required for literature and collateral generation.
- Performs other duties as required.
The most competitive candidate will have the following skills:
- Previous design experience, preferably in Solar but not required.
- 2+ years’ experience related to design/drafting of solar/systems or installations.
- College Degree preferred, but not required.
- MS Visio, AutoCad, or related design experience required.
- Excellent math, proofreading, communication and organizational skills.
- Familiar with ANSI – American National Standards Institute and/or ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers and/or CA Building Code (CBC).
- Ability to work independently and achieve high throughput; multitask and meet deadlines.
- Tolerance for ambiguity within a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to support and effectively communicate with sales representatives nationwide over the phone and e-mail.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work overtime, nights, and weekends as requested.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong skills with all MS Office applications.
- Efficient time management and ability to multitask.
- NABCEP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Team Player!
- Must be able to pass a background check.
We are currently seeking a qualified Sales Manager to join our team in San Jose, CA.
- Provides ongoing feedback to management regarding forecast, trends and performance.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the sales team to meet objectives. Insures that sales meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Assure all leads, prospects, customers data and sales progress is recorded and updated in company database
- Establish and submit sales objective to each dealer on a quarterly basis
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepares action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all sales to build an effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales.
- Work with marketing dept to creates sales tools and presentations.
- Work with marketing dept to creates and conducts proposal presentations.
- Assists sales in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with sales to build motivation and selling skills.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management in the solar industry.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams, agents and distribution channels.
Sales Professionals – Present and Sell Free Hot Water Solar Products. This opportunity has potential for six figure income. This successful candidate will have the following expectations and responsibilities:
- Strong Closing abilities
- Initiate and maintain relationships with Owners, Wholesale Distributors, Developers, Architects, General, Plumbing, and Solar Contractors, Structural Engineers and all other organizations as they relate to the Company’s scope of work
- Build and develop a loyal customer base, expanding on current contacts
- Articulately and persuasively discuss Free Hot Water’s products and services with prospective customers
- Develop relationships with key decision makers, understand and respond to customer needs, track and monitor contact/project activity.
- The individual must have successful professional experience within the construction industry and/or sales industry
- Development and follow up on any leads; qualify leads, into “qualified” sales opportunities and the development of potential projects
- Maintain and cultivate positive long-term customer relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in person, and in writing
- Track calls, and mail outs to follow up as client relationships progresses, trying to ultimately make the personal appointment to meet and present Free Hot Water’s products to clients
- Insure that client expectations are met and kept throughout the duration of the project to insure complete customer satisfaction to insure the possibility of reoccurring business
- Set realistic expectations, clearly define project scope of work, and negotiate price on project opportunities to new clients.
- Must exhibit strong leadership, excellent communication, presentation, negotiation, and listening skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong desire to be successful, a self-starter with the ability to function independently while representing Free Hot Water in a professional manner
We offer an extremely desirable and aggressive Commission only compensation package. We will be adding a number of qualified candidates to our sales force across the Nation who will operate as Independent Sales Representatives. These individuals may already be working within the industry, but by taking on this role can and will have the ability to add significant additional income by representing Free Hot Water’s Solar Thermal and material’s product range.
Dealers – Experienced plumbing and building contractors can build their existing, or new business into a highly profitable future within the high-growth Solar Hot Water industry, which is growing at an exponential rate. As a Certified Dealer you will have access to training as well as sales and installation leads in your area. Here is the opportunity to get in at the ground level today.
Installers – Experienced plumbing and heating professionals interested in joining our growing database of installers for possible contract work.
Internet Communication – Develop communication programs to introduce products and maintain ecommerce sales site and partner websites. Assist in developing and placing of on-line campaigns. Ensure on-line strategy is aligned with company goals.
Trainers – Provide hands-on installation of commercial and residential solar thermal systems for interested dealers and installers. These training programs cover solar resource fundamentals, solar thermal applications, components, codes and standards, and federal/state grants and incentives.
Figure 1. US solar installation forecasts 2009–2016
Source: navigant consulting, inc.
As the US stock market sags, the solar industry appears to be surging. Solar has grown for the past several years, but it received a major boost in October when President Bush signed into law an eight-year extension to the solar investment tax credit (ITC). With the incentive in place, the industry expects to add 19 GW of solar energy from 2009–2016, equivalent to a $232 billion investment, according to the Navigant Consulting report ‘Economic Impacts of Extending Federal Solar Tax Credits’. Most striking, the report forecasts the addition of 440,000 jobs at a time when employment is shrinking in many sectors.
Figure 2. Total US solar related investment from 2009–2016 (2008 $ million)
Source: navigant consulting, inc.
Reshaping Solar: Growth Expected Despite Economy
by Elisa Wood December 23, 2008