San Jose, CA June 2, 2010 — Free Hot Water, a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of commercial solar hot water (SHW) systems, announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with SunReports, Inc., a provider of unique solar thermal (hot water) monitoring solutions that measure and verify the performance of installed solar hot water systems.
Apollo1 Energy Monitoring Device
The Apollo1 from San Francisco-based SunReports is the industry’s first hybrid performance monitoring device that simultaneously measures and verifies the performance of solar hot water or solar pool heating systems and solar PV installations.
Designed to be easily installed by solar installers and integrators, the Apollo1 uses a business’ or home’s existing Internet connection to transmit solar hot water performance data to the SunReports servers hosted in a 100% renewable energy data center. SunReports’ web-based performance analysis software provides installers and system owners performance metrics in user-friendly graphical displays through Internet portals accessible from any computer or web-enabled cell phone, 24/7.
“We’re excited to offer a quality solar thermal monitoring system to our distributors and installer partners,” said Free Hot Water’s co-founder, Paul Burrowes. “Free Hot Water believes that an accurate solar hot water monitoring system gives solar customers confidence that their solar hot water investment is performing as expected.”
SunReports can also act as an excellent solar hot water referral tool. Burrowes explained, “Seeing the sun produce quantifiable free solar energy can make customers want to share their solar savings with friends on their computers or iPhones. SunReports makes sharing that excitement possible with easy-to-understand performance graphs.”
Apollo1’s features include:
- Actual vs. estimated system performance: Current and historical performance metrics that track system performance against its designed capacity for measurement and verification.
- At-a-glance system status: An interactive mapping feature allows installers to view system status instantly and remotely monitor their entire customer portfolio.
- Custom alarm configuration: Installers can tailor alarm parameters to meet their needs, alerting them to system issues so they can take a proactive approach to system management.
- Unique 3 temperature sensor design: Sensors measures the heat being added to the tank and the tank temperature.
- Circulation pump status: Current Transducers measure when the circulation pump is running, as well as when the electric reheat coil or boiler blower is on (optional).
- BTU values: Apollo1 Calculates BTU values from system inputs.
- Auto Internet communications: Apollo1 automatically sends performance data to the Internet for 24/7 monitoring from any computer or smart phone.
- Color-coded wiring: Gives installers more clarity for faster, easier, installations.
Thomas Dinkel, CEO of SunReports, explains: “In order to compete effectively in a growing market, installers are developing new business models such as performance assurances and energy guarantees – something practically impossible to do well without a performance-based monitoring solution. SunReports is giving actionable information to installers and systems owners who want to get the most out of their solar thermal installations.”
About Free Hot Water
Free Hot Water, based in San Jose, California, offers affordable, high quality hot water systems for commercial and residential applications. Our products and systems are clearly distinguished by their integrated design, quality, affordability, and ease of installation. We feature our own SRCC 0G-100 certified collectors and exclusive mounting and racking systems, providing high quality, reasonably priced, solar thermal solutions for your business or home. We’re also a distributor of a wide selection of superior quality SRCC OG-300 systems.
Our in-house engineering department specializes in designing solar thermal systems for a variety of large scale commercial applications. We evaluate each project, and design custom systems that are optimized for the unique needs of your business. Free Hot Water’s extra-mile customer service also includes submitting all documents necessary for permits and help to get you all applicable financial solar incentives.
SunReports, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, is a privately held performance monitoring service provider for renewable energy installations in the residential and small business/commercial markets. Through SunReports’ cost-effective, ‘ZERO-configuration required’ hardware device, the Apollo1, installers and system owners can monitor and verify system performance of solar electric (PV), solar thermal (hot water and pool heating) and small wind installations. SunReports’ web-based data collection, data analysis and graphical user interface software provides current, historical and predicted system performance information, including a unique installer portal that provides an at-a-glance performance overview of an entire installed base. For more information, please visit: http://www.sunreports.com.
Contact Free Hot Water:
Free Hot Water
2146 Bering Dr.
San Jose, CA 95131
Thomas A. Dinkel
Antenna Group for SunReports
(415) 977 1941
For Further Information
- Free Hot Water’s Test Lab
- SunReport’s Website